Friday, June 12, 2009

Freelancing: Tough i think

Most of the web designers use freelance sites to post a project and some work as freelancers to do some extra money. I have used some of the sites that deal with freelance projects and I have found that is very difficult to get a project. This is a tough market these days and you have to be at your best to stand in the competition. Recently, I came across a new youhaveaproject.com which has interesting projects to work on. You can find or post a project for free and there is no much competition. I am familiar with a number of the freelance sites There are too few jobs for too many people. CrowdSpring is the new site it seems, judging from the publicity they've been getting...http://www.crowdspring.com/%0http:/www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/0216/062.html There are also sites like eLance.com and Guru.com, but what I do like from CrowdSpring is the fact that they actually secure payment from the client ahead of time. If the client gets more than 25 proposals, he has to choose and award the payment! If he simply goes missing, CrowdSpring's panelist chooses a winner and award the designer accordingly. If there is not enough submissions (less than 25 entries), then the client gets his money back. But thats a huge huge difference from other site, and definitely makes encourages me to propose a design! Please note however, that I haven't been using any of these sites much. I used to do work on eLance, but had some bad experiences that led me to quitting the online freelance work. I have to admit however, that I'm very very intrigued by CrowdSpring's business model, and fully intend to try it out when I manage to get some free time. I remember eLance having a subscription fee, which was a major point in me withdrawing from the services eventually. I decided to check and register with CrowdSpring, wanting to compare their price differences. Guess what? CrowdSpring has none! Looking around for hidden costs.. I'll find it somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

 

IcyBlue | Copyright © 2009 - Blogger Template Designed By Simrandeep Singh